RUMORS: DC Comics’ Cinematic Universe Schedule
Several online sources are reporting that at this year’s Comic-Con Warner Brothers and DC Comics will be announcing their upcoming cinematic universe film schedule. At this time it is strict speculation. Here is the rumored schedule according to Comic Book Resources official website:
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (May 2016)
- “Shazam” (July 2016)
- “The Sandman” (Christmas 2016)
- “Justice League” (May 2017)
- “Wonder Woman” (July 2017)
- Flash and Green Lantern team-up (Christmas 2017)
- “Man of Steel 2” (May 2018)
Important things to note are that there is no solo Batman, Aquaman and Cyborg films and Green Lantern is in a team-up film with Flash.
- Batman makes sense at the moment because people are only two years removed from The Dark Knight Rises.
- Aquaman is known for being too soft to have his own successful film.
- Cyborg is not a big name character who may require a show-stealing performance from Broadway actor Ray Fisher to convince the brass to make a movie for him.
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has signed a multi-picture deal with Warner, so he could be Shazam. He has also denied playing the John Stewart Green Lantern and carry a film on his own.
- “Justice League” release date seems ambitious even though it will be shot immediately after “Dawn of Justice”.
Again, this are just rumors but it will be confirmed or denied at Comic-Con. The world will be anxiously awaiting any official news.